Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 in Review

I used to love doing this LiveJournal survey every year ...and since today is the last day of 2012, I think it's appropriate to bring it over to the blog. I love having these to look back on:

2012 in review

1. What did you do in 2012 that you'd never done before?

I moved in with "a boy", Got engaged, Cooked almost every meal myself, etc. etc. :)

2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I kept most of my resolutions: I kept 1/2 of my house plants alive, I read 100 books, I worked out a ton, I was generally healthier...

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

Nope.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Nope.

5. What countries did you visit?

Just the U.S.A. There were lots of trips home to Arkansas & other near-by places, and of course, mine & Aaron's trip to Montana, Idaho & Wyoming in the Fall.

6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?

International travel (I wrote this last year), another new, good start.

7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

Sept. 21 (our engagement date)

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I'm really proud of myself for reading 100 books, for being healthier. Aaron and I are taking THE big step, as well...so. That. :)

9. What was your biggest failure?

I'm upset with how unhappy I am from 9-5 every day, but that's not a failure. No failures!

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

Not at all. Super healthy year!!!

11. What was the best thing you bought?

No big purchases this year. Aaron loves the pair of shoes I got him for Christmas, though ...and the GriGri 2 (belay device) I got him for his birthday in June, so I'll say those.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration?

Aaron. For putting up with me, and asking me to marry him. :)

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

Oh, you know, Republicans.

14. Where did most of your money go?

Rent, food, gas.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Our trip to Montana; getting engaged.

16. What song will always remind you of 2012?

Instead of songs, we'll go with albums: Feufollet, "En Couleurs"; The Lumineers, self titled; The Avett Brothers, "The Carpenter"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:

I. Happier or sadder? Happier.

II. Thinner or fatter? The same.

III. Richer or poorer? A tiny bit richer, somehow.

18. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Sitting and being still.

19. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Driving.

20. How will you be spending Christmas?

I spent Christmas with my family and Aaron's family.

22. Did you fall in love in 2012?

I stayed in the best love of my life.

23. How many one-night stands?

0

24. What was your favorite TV program?

The Office, New Girl, The West Wing.

25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?

No.

26. What was the best book you read?

I can't even. I'll refer you here to my blog about my favorite books of the year, below.

27. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Contemporary Cajun!

28. What did you want and get?

Love. Routine. Better health.

29. What did you want and not get?

Everything still left on my registry. ;)

30. What was your favorite film of this year?

The Hunger Games, The Hobbit, Your Sister's Sister, Moonrise Kingdom

31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 25. Aaron and I had dinner at El Rey for the first time. It's become one of our favorite restaurants in Montgomery

32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A job I liked, more travel, more friends.

33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2012?

A little more outdoorsy.

34. What kept you sane?

Aaron, Boone, our Apartment.

35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Kate Middleton is fabulous.

36. What political issue stirred you the most?

It was an election year, so there was much stirring.

37. Who did you miss?

Mizzou friends, Arkansas friends.

38. Who was the best new person you met?

n/a

39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012.

Don't worry. Just don't. It's not worth it.

40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.

I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweetheart/ I belong with you, you belong with me, you're my sweet...

No comments: