Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas survey 2012

I'm in Florida right now with my Dad for the next few days, and we're having a very relaxing Thursday! It's very much better than being at work. I found this Christmas survey on YouTube, and decided to bring it over the the blog world. Enjoy! Feel free to steal it. It brought back some great memories for me.

1. Do you start your Christmas shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?

Neither. Usually somewhere in the middle. I have a bit of a list going right now, but I'm waiting for it to be Friday (payday) before I buy them ALL at once!

2. If you could be in any Christmas movie what would it be?

I have a soft spot for Christmas movies. I refuse to watch them any other time of the year. My three favorites have to be: It's a Wonderful Life, Love Actually and A Charlie Brown Christmas. If I had to pick one to BE in...I guess it would be Charlie Brown. I think it would be fun to be animated, and for things to be so simple and lovely.

3. Which do you like better: Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?

Always Christmas Eve! Christmas morning is fun - opening presents and seeing family, but the day always goes on too long. I love the anticipation of the day before Christmas. It always feels a lot more cozy and magical to me.

4. When does your family put up your Christmas tree and who decorates it?

When I lived at home with my parents, we put up the same Christmas tree every year and usually my mom and I decorated it. Usually my dad is in charge of the lights. I decorated for Christmas this year by myself. Once we have a real house with "real" Christmas decorations, I'll make sure Aaron helps out!

5. White lights or colored lights?

White. They match everything, right? ;)

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like the surprise?

I don't like surprises! Or maybe I just don't like not knowing. As a kid, the anticipation go to me for sure, and I peeked a few times. If I didn't peek, I was at least always the kid shaking the boxes under the tree. I can handle it now that I'm older, but I'm still not a huge fan of being surprised.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's Workshop?

Gingerbread house, obviously. Hello, it's edible!

8. Tell us your Christmas Eve traditions!

Maybe the traditions are why I love Christmas Eve so much. During the day I usually wrap presents and watch It's a Wonderful Life with my dad. We have Mexican food for dinner. This tradition got started when my parents lived in Italy right after they got married. They both love Mexican food, and it's hard to find over there, so my mom always went out of her way to make tacos on Christmas Eve. After dinner we would drive around and look at Christmas lights and come back home to open one present before bed!

I think things are going to change now that Aaron and I have celebrations with his mom's family AND his dad's family on Christmas day. Last year, we tried to cram the Christmas experience all into one day and had THREE Christmases, which turned out to be the most stressful thing ever. I think we might "do Christmas" on Christmas Eve with my parents this year.

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone who would it be?

My fiance, obviously!

10. What tops your tree?

Right now, a flamingo...yup. I'd like to eventually have something traditional.

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?

Honestly, not without looking it up!

12. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?

YES! My cousins and I went one year in Northwest Arkansas. When we went to sing to the firefighters, they saw us pulling up and were worried something was wrong. They all ran out of the fire house to "help us", so they were probably pretty relieved when we started singing.

13. Do you countdown to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?

I have a Christmas countdown that my mom made me when I was little. You add whiskers (pom poms) to Santa's beard every day in December until Christmas. There are 19 days left as of this moment.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?

Hmm...mostly just the Mexican food...and your other traditional fare. I love Christmas cookies and desserts...but I love those any time of year, also!

15. How has Christmas kept its magic for you as you've grown older?

I think so. It's kind of year-to-year for me. Last year was tough since Aaron and I were living in different places. I watched Love Actually every night before I fell asleep to make myself feel better. It feels very much more like Christmas with my love around.

No comments: