Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paddling

I'v been wanting to try this for FOREVER, and lucky for me, my place of employment has very cheap options for gear rentals. This was our first time taking advantage of that program. We got inflatable kayaks and everything we needed for a day of paddling on a big creek near the coast.

The boats were cumbersome, and we took no phones or GPS devices, so all I know is that we paddled pretty hard on still water for 3.5 hours. And then we were wiped out!

Kayaking is on my outdoor-hobby wish list now for sure. I can't wait to go again!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

Yay! Those inflatable kayaks look really fun. When I went kayaking last weekend we rented the non-inflatable kind. We were in water that was slightly flowing, but not very fast, and it took 2 hours to do a 5 mile course. Love Boone's life jacket! Sadie used to go canoeing with us and she had one. :)

ilikewinter said...

Callie- just saw your comments on my post via Sierra Trading Post (http://hub.sierratradingpost.com/no-girls-allowed) and wanted to say thank you for reading and posting such a thoughtful comment. :) Commented back to you there! And wanted to come check out your blog as well and see what adventures you were up to! :)