Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

This weekend was beautiful for being outside. I spent part of each afternoon practicing riding my bicycle.

"My bicycle" is a mountain bike. It used to belong to Aaron's mom, my mother-in-law to be. She wasn't getting too much use out of the bike, so she agreed to let me bring it to Oregon.

The thing is intimidating because it has three macro speeds and seven microspeeds, and I'm not really even good enough yet to worry about changing them!

The bike has been sitting on the rack until now because we needed to put air in the tires, which was a hard thing to find time for, I guess.

On Saturday, I rode wobbly circles around the parking lot, but on Sunday I got a lot more confident and peddled out to the road & trail behind our apartment building.

I'm practically a real cyclist now, huh? Not even close, but I do hope to be able to commute a little bit after a little more practice. My new yoga studio is only a mile away, so it would be great to be able to cycle there and back this summer.

Work is more like 10 miles away, so I'll hold off on biking to work until we move a little closer.

Wish me luck!

No comments: