Thursday, May 9, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls

I've been excited to make cinnamon rolls since Laura Vitale made a video about how to do it.

I'm automatically nervous about cooking anything bready. Though, I think this fear stems from the first couple of times I made pizza dough, and followed a really poorly-written recipe.

This was also before I had my amazing, trusty stand mixer (thanks, mom).

Props to anyone who makes bread without one. I'm totally over kneading dough by hand.

Now, I've just about conquered pizza dough, so I figured it was time to move on to something a bit sweeter....

And last night was the night! I started making the dough as soon as I got home at 5:30, because I knew the whole process would take awhile (there are about 2.5-3 hours of inactive, rising time).

I made a very healthy dinner and got a few things done in between steps. It was bed time by the time these babies popped out of the oven, but you're kidding yourself if you think we didn't still try one. Okay, we may have tried more than one....that's how amazing they are!

I'm not sure when I'd suggest making them. I guess if you happened to wake up super early on Saturday morning, and didn't have much else to do. I'm not sure when I'll make them again. I can't even imagine how many calories there are in these guys. There's a ton of butter & sugar ....and smiles and rainbows...omfg.

They're great for an occasional treat for sure. I'd get on this one immediately if I were you. :)

No comments: