Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Petit Jean and other Places

I'll have a longer entry another time. Right now, though, I'm working on writing something more "real," that will hopefully go places other than this little blog that almost no one reads.

It's kind of about a sad, stuck feeling that I only feel when I start to make up problems about how life is right now.

Nothing's wrong. I live with the man I love, who takes care of me and inspires me and takes me on adventures and encourages my eccentricity (Callie-isms). I talk to my friends, far away, whenever I want. I practice yoga and run and climb and feel alive and healthy and whole. I have enough to eat. I have enough of everything, and I find beauty in simple, every day places.

But sometimes, when I see the Coosa or the Alabama River, I think about the Arkansas. When I look up at tall, Alabama sandstone, I miss walking over goat poo in my Chacos. When I run in my neighborhood I wonder who I'd be passing on the Big Dam Bridge & the River Trail. And mostly, every time I see a damn Alabama or Auburn ANYTHING, I miss sensible, like-minded Razorback fans.

It's not a feeling I have all the time. Not even most of the time. But, every once in awhile, I can close my eyes and see exactly the way the River coils through the farm land from the Petit Jean outlook...my favorite place.

No comments: